Whether you are building it yourself, or you are an Architect looking for design and innovation ideas for a residential or small, building project, we have designer switches and sockets that will wow! Continue Reading
About KNX Tech
All things KNX including Domestic and Commercial controls, designer switches and sockets.
Because it gives your customer a KNX building automation “One Stop Shop”.
KNX-Tech is the leading independent supplier of KNX based building automation products in Ireland.
KNX TECH is the sole agent in ROI for a number of KNX manufacturers.
– Niall Walsh is the only KNX accredited tutor in Ireland
– Niall is the President of the Ireland branch of the KNX Association and through this Association has developed excellent personal and working relationships with other international based KNX businesses.
As an independent wholesaler, KNX-Tech can specify the most appropriate component for new projects selected from a range of manufacturers. The standardised KNX protocol ensures interoperability.
– Home automation is becoming more accessible with the advent of Alexa and other consumer focussed voice control products.
– More architects are understanding the capabilities and home-owners are more savvy about automation features.
– Building automation has always been strong on energy management capability and this is becoming a key driver with increasing regulatory requirements on the energy efficiency requirements for new buildings. KNX-Tech has seen an increase in its turnover, fuelled by increased project activity in this growing market.
KNX-Tech offers an integrated service, i.e.
to its customers.
This enables KNX-Tech to offer a more attractive service to architects, home AV suppliers and M&E consultants starting out in building automation who will benefit from the one-stop solution offered by KNX-Tech over the more complicated approach that requires multi-vendor management for design, supply and commissioning.
Contact us…. sure what have you got to lose?.
Facts And Figures about KNX
As the world’s only open standard for intelligent buildings (ISO/IEC 14543-3), KNX has been around for nearly thirty years and now offers an array of over 7,000 KNX Association-approved products manufactured by over 400 suppliers. This means that the specifier can tailor an installation to meet the needs of the building and the end-user, who is never tied to a single proprietary system. Combining complex technology with an easy-to-operate user interface, KNX installations offer simple visualisation, monitoring and control, creating properties that are both comfortable and energy efficient. Indeed, research carried out by the University of Bremen has demonstrated that a KNX building management system can provide energy savings of 40% with shading control, 50% with individual room control, and 60% with lighting and ventilation control.
Years of KNX
Building Control & Automation
As the world’s only open standard for intelligent buildings (ISO/IEC 14543-3), KNX has been around for nearly thirty years and now offers an array of over 7,000 KNX Association-approved products manufactured by over 400 suppliers.
This means a monitored international quality standard, a protocol that does not restrict your purchasing or support to a single vendor or brand. Consider this 5 years after installation and something goes wrong!
Therefore, the specifier can tailor an installation to meet the needs of the building and the end-user, who is never tied to a single proprietary system.
Combining complex technology with an easy-to-operate user interface, KNX installations offer simple visualisation, monitoring and control, creating properties that are both comfortable and energy efficient.
Research carried out by the University of Bremen has demonstrated that a KNX building management system can provide energy savings of 40% with shading control, 50% with individual room control, and 60% with lighting and ventilation control.
- 28 Years of KNX
- 420 Manufacturers
- 7,000 KNX products
- 45 Countries
Some of this article was extracted from the KNX Association article of the same name on their website.
The demand for building management systems increases.
Single-family house, self build, commercial office complex all demand comfort and versatility in the management of air-conditioning, lighting and access control systems is growing.
More wiring? Complexity?
NO: KNX – the Worldwide STANDARD for Home and Building Control
In order to transfer control data to all building management components, a system is required that does away with the problems of isolated devices by ensuring that all components communicate via one common language: all bus devices are connected (twisted pair, radio frequency, power line or IP/Ethernet), they are able to exchange information.
Bus devices can either be sensors or actuators needed for the control of building management equipment such as:
- blinds / shutters,
- security systems,
- energy management,
- ventilation and
- air-conditioning systems,
- signalling and monitoring systems,
- interfaces to service and building control systems,
- remote control,
- audio / video control,
- white goods!
All these functions can be controlled, monitored and signalled via a uniform system without the need for extra control centres.
KNX: The Meaning
References all over the world: the world of home and building control “speaks” KNX. Several millions of successful KNX installations can be found.
Open Standard means
KNX is approved as an International Standard (ISO/IEC 14543-3) as well as an European Standard (CENELEC EN 50090 and CEN EN 13321-1) and Chinese Standard (GB/T 20965).
KNX is therefore future proof.
KNX products made by different manufacturers can be combined – the KNX trademark logo guarantees their interworking and interoperability.
KNX is therefore the world´s only open Standard for the control in both commercial and residential buildings.
Home and Building Control means
A benefit in every type of building: From the office complex to the average household. Whatever the kind of building is, KNX opens up complete new opportunities for building control systems while keeping the costs at a manageable level.
KNX can provide solutions via a single touch panel, where all applications in the home or building can be controlled.
KNX allows completely new ways to increase comfort, safety and energy savings in the home or building.
KNX: A single approach with many advantages
Wherever it is employed, KNX brings real benefits to architects, designers, and contractors and, above all, to building owners and/or users.
- Low operating costs resulting in considerable energy savings Lighting and heating are only switched on when needed, e.g. depending on time profiles and/or actual presence, thus saving energy and money. Furthermore lighting can be controlled automatically in relation to the daylight intensity of the daylight, thus maintaining a specified minimum level of brightness at each work place and reducing energy consumption (only those light sources really needed remain switched on).
- Time saving Interlinking all communicating devices with a single bus considerably reduces design and installation time. A unique manufacturer and application domains independent Engineering Tool Software (ETS) allows the design, engineering and configuration of installations containing KNX certified products. As the tool is manufacturer independent, the system integrator is able to combine products of different manufacturers with different communication media (twisted pair, radio frequency, power line or IP/Ethernet) to one installation.
- Flexibility and adaptability to future developments A KNX installation can be easily adapted to new applications and is easily extendable. New components can be easily connected to the existing bus installation.
KNX Association: Your guarantee for a worldwide standard!
The driving force behind KNX is KNX Association, a group of leading companies active in many fields of home and building control. Currently, KNX Association has more than 370 members, accounting for more than 80% of the home and building control devices sold in Europe. As common goal, these companies promote the development of building installation systems in general and KNX as the world’s only open STANDARD for home and building control. Worldwide KNX Association has partnership agreements with more than 44.000 installer companies in 128 countries, more than 100 technical universities as well as over 300 training centres.
Niall Walsh is President of the KNX Association of Ireland.