Manage user scenarios including lighting, thermoregulation and curtain automation
The Client, a leading Italian manufacturer, wanted to build new executive offices and showrooms, equipped with technologically advanced systems that are easily scalable in the future , without neglecting maintenance over time. Room automation is achieved using KNX ekinex devices, with particular attention being paid to climatic, visual and acoustic comfort guaranteeing a significant share of natural light.
Ekinex products have been chosen for the environment automation:
- Lighting control and dimming, through the FF EK-ED2-TP series keypads with Form frame and implemented via 16-channel EK-FF1-TP actuators and Dali lamp interface with DALI-KNX EK-BP1-TP gateway.
- Automatic lighting control (baths / anti-bathrooms) and air extractors (bathrooms) depending on the presence of the EK-SM2-TP sensors.
- Individual thermoregulation for each room or area with fan coil and radiant floor terminals with the help of a thermostat equipped with EK-EQ2-TP temperature and relative humidity sensors and EK-HC1-TP fan coil actuator modules.
- Individual control and groups of blinds (curtains) using EK-FE1-TP actuators.
- Interfacing with variable refrigerant flow (VRV-VRF) through Modubus / KNX EK-BH1-TP gateways.
The Ekinex DELEGO supervision system was also integrated to control the system using the smartphone app , with which it is possible to adjust the temperature control through weekly time slots .
The supervisor is also used to manage the user scenarios including lighting, thermoregulation and curtain automation .
Thanks to Giuseppe Calcagno – R & D ekinex for this article.